Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unable to generate reports in CAR

Hi,

I have installed CAR(Reporting) version 3.3(0.44)on CCM 3.3(3).

I am unable to generate any reports.No records are getting generated .

ie through User reports > Bills > Dept > Enter user id.

I have enabled CDR & Call diagnostics in both publisher & subscriber.

The file size in CAR\Call Details folder shows 0 bytes.

Basically I wanted to generate report for extensions for users logged in through extension mobility.Can I generate reports for incomming calls to an extension.

Regds

Kiran

5 REPLIES

Re: Unable to generate reports in CAR

Have you activated the CDR insert service on the publisher ?

I have activated CDR insert service on both Publisher & subscriber.

Regds

Kiran

Hi Kiran,

There is a problem with using CAR to get CDR/Reports from Extension mobility users due to the lack of fixed device association in the SQL database. The users in the database get associated with a device profile and not a SEPXXXXXX phone record, so CAR has no way to tie the two entities together. There's a couple of Cisco Bug ID's related to this, but I don't have them to hand. I kind of got a work around where you can query the CDR database with an SQL query tool, and do a SQL inner join between the CDR database and the device database to try and pull raw CDR records from the Database and create your own tables. It's messy, and remember the date/time field in the CDR record database is elapsed time since Jan 1 1970. You need to do a field conversion.

Apparently CCM4.0 will have correct CAR/EMobility functionality. Email me if you want the SQL query structure to create your own reports.

Hope this helps.

Bill

Bill,

Thanks for the info, but have some more questions if you know answers.

If the user doesn't login, and extension mobility is enabled it uses the autogenerated profile by default or a specific user profile for when logged out.

If above is true, then calls placed from phone when no user is logged in wouldn't be using SEPxxxxxx profile right? so... same CDR problem as in your note.

Have you made sure the engine is started, in the CDR control center?

You can generate incoming calls to an extension by using the by User/Extension report.

Views
Helpful
Replies