Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unable to import users from Exchange 5.5

Unity 4.0(2)

Cm 3.3

Exchange 5.5 SP4

Unable to see any users when I try to import users in from Exchange. Have confirmed able to resolve hostname and Full Qualified Domain Name between Exchange and Unity. Do I need to re run the mailstore wizard. If so where do I find the wizard. Any ideas? I have reboot the Unity box once but no luck. Please help.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Unable to import users from Exchange 5.5

Were the users in this site part of a previous Unity installation? By far the most common cause of such problems in Exchange 5.5 is the users being part of a previous install that was not removed properly and left users "stamped" as subscribers - you'll need to clean custum attributes 12 and 14 off users if that's the case.

the runner up reason for this is the 'allow rich text' not being set to 1 for these users - we need that set to 1 so we can log in using MAPI to these mailboxes. You can check this by opening Exchange in raw mode (use the -r command line option) and looking at the raw attributes for these users.

Views
Helpful
Replies