Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unable to leave message from an iutside call...

When I call from an inside ipPhone, the call is transferred to Unity and i can leave a message that is send to my mailbox. But when i call from outside, i hear my voice box welcome message but after the bip i'm unable to leave a message the server tells me that : "sorry the system is temporary unavailable, please call again" (it's a translation from the french message so ...)

has anybody an explanation to this ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Unable to leave message from an iutside call...

Hi

It's strange what is going on. What happens now if you go to DOHproptest. Is the avp_smtp_address populated? If this is a test system can we restart Unity? Also if you go to c:\commserver\unitymta do you see the messages in there?

ullie

11 REPLIES
Gold

Please post the error message you get in the application event log and the version of code you are running.

Thanks,

Keith

Hi,

This is a unity version = 4.0(1.55)

There are 3 error messages generated:

1st MESSAGE:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_PHGreeting

Event Category: Erreur

Event ID: 152

Date: 12/10/2003

Time: 9:04:00 AM

User: N/A

Computer: SRVUNITY

Description:

La boîte aux lettres Unity d'envoi de messages externes n'est pas disponible. Il est possible qu'elle ait été supprimée, ou, s'il s'agit d'une implémentation d'Exchange 2000, que le service RUS ne soit pas en cours d'exécution ou ne soit pas correctement planifié. Détails techniques - Le champ correspondant à l'adresse SMTP de l'affichage d'abonné pour Abonnés doté du type 0 est vide ou NULL. Le seul abonné doté du type 0 doit être la boîte aux lettres Unity.

2nd MESSAGE:

Event ID: 107

Description:

IsOutsideCallerMailboxOK() returned [0x80004005] on line 3897 of file e:\views\Unity4.0.1.55\un_Conv2\AvConvPhoneHandler\AvConvPHGreetingSvr\AvSPlayGreeting.cpp

3rd MESSAGE:

Event ID: 107

Description:

RecordMessage returned [0x80004005] on line 3269 of file e:\views\Unity4.0.1.55\un_Conv2\AvConvPhoneHandler\AvConvPHGreetingSvr\AvSPlayGreeting.cpp

Thanks for your help.

Cisco Employee

Hi

Can you run dbwalker from Toolsdepot. It should show as well the error and normally it will tell you what to do in order to fix your issue. It looks to me like the smtp address is missing hence you are getting failsafe but dbwalker will confirm that for us.

Ullie

Hi,

when i run the dbwalker , i've no error and no warning in the log file.

What do you expect from that tool ?

Cisco Employee

I expected to see some errors regardig SMTP addresses.

Please check the following:

1) Is the unity_servername account present in AD and does it have a mailbox associated with it

2) If this is UM you can try sending an e-mail to it so that the account gets properly initialized

3) Also check in SQL or in DOHproptest if the unity_account has an SMTP address. In sql you can eg find it under unitydb-tables-subscriber

Ullie

Cisco Employee

Also if you want to look into DOHproptest (under techtools) you can open the utility ignore the fact that it asks you for a pass (this will bring you in read-only mode) and then you go to mailusers - unity_servername - and to the right you check what is under avp_smtp_address. Check it for the unity-servername account and as well for the user that you are trying to leave a message for.

Also you can check under AD users and computers into the properties of that users (under E-mail Addresses) to see if SMTP address is specified

Ullie

Well, you were right there was no SMTP address for the user unity_servername. I created one address for this user and now i can leave a message from outside but the message isn't forwarded to outlook mailbox and now when i leave a message from an inside call it isn't forwarded to outlook too !!!

What is the matter ?

Cisco Employee

Hi

It's strange what is going on. What happens now if you go to DOHproptest. Is the avp_smtp_address populated? If this is a test system can we restart Unity? Also if you go to c:\commserver\unitymta do you see the messages in there?

ullie

Thank you very much !

Since i've rebooted my unity server everythink is going on ! I'm able to leave messages from inside and outside call and they are forwarded to the mailbox.

Thanks agin for your precious help.

Regards

Cisco Employee

No probs. I am happy it's all working now

I just experienced this problem. When a new subscriber was added to unity no v/m's could be left for the new subscriber.

I checked the smtp (email) address in Exchange and it was not populated. I added the email address and the v/m box is working.

One user posted that a Unity reload was necessary to correct this issue. Does anyone else know why this is happening and what to do to correct it? Is the problem with Unity or Exchange? What causes this problem to occur?

Views
Helpful
Replies