cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to locate user on Exchange Import

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Here's a strange one.<br><br>Server is running Unity 3.1.2c. MSX5.5 sp4<br><br>I am trying to import an existing Exchange user in Unity. When I search for this particular user using alias, first, or last name, the user can not be located using the subscriber add user import exchange web page.<br><br>The user I am trying to import has a first name of Amy. There are two Amy's in the site. 1 is on one server, and the other on a different exchange server in the site. When I search for Amy* in the first name when importing a new user, the search only returns one Amy - one located on a server in the site. It does not return the other Amy that I need to import located on a different server located in the same site.<br><br>Logan<br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

Do both Amy accounts have the same alias in Exchange?

You can use the Import tool in the Unity folder on the start menu to import from a specific Exchange server, rather than the whole site. Does this present the account you're looking for?

If not, it may be because that account doesn't have the allow rich text property, is not in the default recipients container, or has attributes from a previous installation of Unity.

If you do a search on All Forums, newer than 1 year, for the phrase "Allow rich text", you will find a number of threads for troubleshooting problems similar to those I mentioned.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Not applicable

Sweet. Fixed. Thanks.

It turned out to be the allow rich text setting. Any idea why this setting would NOT be set by default?

Thanks,

Logan