Helpful
Replies

Unable to make and receive calls

ciscomoon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi i have just installed ccm 4.1.2. I successfully registered 3 ip phones

=======================================

Tftp sever is pulling all three files from ip phones and getting registered in ccm. All the phones in ccm is registered and showing ip addresses of each phone.

=========================================

1. Call manager Ip Address: 192.168.2.150- Location Florida- Using Pix 520-Public Ip port forwarding to ccm(port 69 and 2000)

2. 7940 ip address 10.1.1.30 Location miami - No VPN Tunnel

3. 7940 ip address 192.168.0.50-Location Chicago - No VPN Tunnel

4. 30 Vip ip address 192.168.1.30 Location arizona - No VPN Tunnel

Above three phones are in different location as you can see above subnet.

=> From 1 i can call 2 and vice versa. Both can receive and make calls but cant hear voice.

=> From 1 and 2 unable to make and receive calls to 3 or from 3 unable to make and receive calls.

========================================

Please note i am not using gateway.

Please advise.

7 Replies 7

ciscomoon
Level 1
Level 1

Any experts in forum to assist me?

Thanks

Im defintely no expert here but it sounds like either a routing or firewall issue. first off, does the firewall have a port range open 16xxx-32xxx?

i ask because i had a simliar issue with integrating a legacy PBX with the IPT system. calls were traversing the Checkpoint firewall and could ring (signaling allowed) but voice itself was being blocked, hence port range had to be opened. this can be verifed by checking the firewall logs.

as for your second issue on not being able to make or receive. what exactly happens when you attempt to dial. fast busy, recording, dead air?

Thanks for your quick response. For the second issue its like Fast Busy.

Thanks

Thanks for reply. Thanks for reply. What is the pix command to open the above range ports.

Thanks

Moon,

Lets make the picture clear here.... You said there are no VPN Tunnel, so why care about PIX.

My question is that how you connect between main site and branch site?? Through T1, Frame-relay, Ethernet, etc.....

Make sure you can ping from your main site to ip phone's ip address. Press "?" twice to see any increment at Tx and Rx after connect the call.

Let me say again, if your branches are not connecting through PIX, I will assume you have private line (T1, T3, frame-relay, ethernet, etc... any WAN) between main and branch. Make sure you have good routing between IP Phone VLAN.

Ken

Thanks for replying ken.

I cant ping the phones from my network as because all the phones are in private network

192.168.1.30, 10.1.1.1, 192.168.0.50.

No i dont have private line.

The the ip phones are registering into call manager through public ip tftp server.

My call manager assigned private ip address 192.168.2.150.

As you can see in my post all the ip phones are in diffrent subnet.

thanks

Moon,

I never try to setup with your secrieno...

Sorry, couldnt help u here.

Open a cisco tac case if you can.

Ken

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: