cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to make outbound calls

jscheffler
Level 1
Level 1

I am installing a new 7960 phone attached to a 3524xl powered switch. The phone powers up and works fine, except I cannot make external (9,5551212) calls. Internal calls work fine, inbound calls from external numbers works fine. I checked the route pattern, gateway, and phone and all are in the same device pools etc. I have 50+ phones working just fine, but all of a sudden, I cannot get any new phones to make external calls when attached to this 3524. I have a phone attached to the switch that works just fine.

4 Replies 4

vimoreno
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

please check your partitions and calling search space. If the new phones are not in the correct calling search space, they may not be able to reach the partition where Route Pattern associated to the gateway resides

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

Is your outside dial route pattern in a partition? I guess you are using 9.@ or some variation of this. Go to route plan -> route patterns and see if the route pattern is in a partition. If it is make sure the Calling Search Space on the phone can call that partition. You can put the Calling Search Space on the device or the line. Just keep in mind that if you apply different CSS for each then it is the intersection of these partitions.

Let me know if this helps,

-Mckee

This is a 'test' installation, and all routes/gateways/phones are in the default partition and calling search space. I have an identically setup phone plugged into the same switch which works fine.

What you do you get back when you make the call? Does the call ever get setup or do you get busy or fast busy back? If it does get setup is it one-way or no-way audio?

Have you looked at the detailed ccm trace of the call?

Thank you,

-Mckee

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: