Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

unable to open administration web pages

We have an older system (Unity 2.3 - Build 2.3.4.104, Exch. 5.5, NT4 w/sp4) that has been running good but apparently didn't like our recent domain change. Recent changes made to the system were related to setting up a new ip scope and setting up a new trust with new W2K PDC. Those changes all seemed to take just fine and were made at different times over the previous month and no changes were made yesterday when error messages started showing. In the system log the event id is 205 (source WAM) and displays the following message: "the http server was unable to load the ISAPI application 'c:\InetPub\scripts\.%5..\Admin.dll. The data is the error." Likewise, when trying to open the system administration page this morning I immediatly got a Doc Watson error and a message saying 'cannot find file http://operator/Status/Default.htm (or one of its components). Make sure path is correct.'<br><br>All services and IIS functions have started fine. Calls are flowing in and out and there is no apparent problems with the system operation. However.....it would be nice to administer the system. Has anyone run across this or a similar situation? I looked on Microsoft's site for error message information and didn't find anything helpful. Any information or experience with a similar situation would be much appreciated.<br><br>jmrawl<br><br>

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: unable to open administration web pages

Well... I'm not sure what happened with your box but if you're in a jam and you need your system function I'd:

1. make a backup of the system to tape or drive image.

2. uninstall IIS and reinstall it... with NT 4.0 just reinstall the option pack as per the Unity installation guide.

3. run a Unity upgrade using your 2.3.4 build 104 CD. Don't choose to reinstall the Dialogic drivers.

the upgrade should reinstall all the web pages needed for the SA/AA/Status monitor assuming your IIS is flying right. The upgrade shouldn't touch anything else in Unity but not to put too fine a point on it: we've fixed a LOT of bugs in upgrade/install since 2.3.4. That was quite a while ago.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

I have a similar problem at another site - I would also suggest you check and/or patch for the Code Red or Nimda virus that was reported this week. These will make your admin pages unaccessable. On one of my sites in May it replace the Unity Admin page with "f*** the US Government".
making admin impossible.

I have a similar problem, the Spanish NT4.0 Option Pack was installed. Can I just reinstall the Option Pack or do I also have to Upgrade Unity to "reinstall" it's web pages?
The reinstall of the Option Pack clears the wwwroot, and that is why we have to do Unity upgrade?
I have 2.4.6.102, NT4.0.
Thanks,

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content