Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to open/run Unity DiRT Utility

graeme-watson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Unity DiRT utility was working OK until utility was opened via Terminal Services in order to check the backup location but no changes were made to the setup.

Now when utility is opened via Terminal Services or locally on the server, the following error messages are seen and DiRT has to be shutdown using Task Manager:

(error): 70 (Permission denied) in procedure bAccountMailStoreRights of Form frmMain

Then

(error): 52 (Badfilename or number) in procedure bAccountMailStoreRights of Form frmMain

DiRT is not configured to backup the Exchange messages only the Unity configuration and database.The scheduled task configured to run DiRT on a nightly basis is no longer working.

Thanks

7 Replies 7

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Which version of DiRT are you attempting to run? The only time it _should_ run SARA.EXE (the app that checks if the mailstore rights for using ExMerge are there for the currently logged in account) is if the checkbox for backing up messages is enabled. It sounds like either that got checked or there some sort of logic issue there - it should not matter at all that you ran it via TS, that has no bearing on those settings at all, they're just flags in the registry.

Jeff,

Sorry should have said - it is version 1.0.0.89.

Thanks

Graeme

Are you running it directly out of the directory it's installed in or via Tools Depot? There was a reported problem where the directory wasn't changing properly when launched from TD - should be fixed but it's worth ruling out anyway.

We're running it directly from the directory where it is installed.

Well then you have a new and exciting problem we haven't seen yet.

Let's take this off line and I'll send you an updated version of DiRT backup with a new SARA.EXE we've been testing and and go from there. Ping me directly at lindborg@cisco.com

I'll update the thread out here when we find resolution.

I have the exact same problem. I was wondering if you have found a solution to this problem. If you have please email me at rem@mathisbrothers.com . Thanks

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That particular issue was fixed a few months ago - if you haven't already be sure to download the latest version off www.CiscoUnityTools.com. If you're still having a problem with that version come back with some more details on exactly what you're doing and what you're seeing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: