Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unable to retrieve new messages from phone

Hi,

I have one user with this problem. when he tries to get his messages from his phone, the systems tells him that he has 5 new messages (only 3 new ones are actually in his inbox), when he presses 1 to get them, the system tells him, "sorry this system is temporarily unable to complete your call". I removed all of his voicemail messages from his inbox and tried again and the system told me that he still had 5 new messages, even though I had removed them from the inbox. I put his 3 voicemail messages back in his inbox and marked them as unread and tried again and the system told me again that he had 5 new messages. The weird part is that if he presses 3 to listen to old messages (the ones I marked as read) the system plays them back without any problems, If I delete any of them, the system deletes the messages from the inbox as well. He can also receive new voicemails and they get delivered to email fine. when I look at the event viewer I get the following:

============

ERROR AVCONVMSG_MC ERROR 10002

DoMessageStack returned [0x80004005] on line 117 of file e:\views\cs_UE3.1.4.39\un_Conv1\AvConvSubscriber\AvConvSubMsgStackSvr\AvSPlayMessageStack.cpp

Running conversation SubMenu on Port 1

Subscriber Display Name : John Doe

Subscriber Alias : doe

Running conversation SubNewMsgStack on Port 1

============

PlayMessages(AV_STACK_URGENT_VOICE) returned [0x80004005] on line 254 of file e:\views\cs_UE3.1.4.39\un_Conv1\AvConvSubscriber\AvConvSubMsgStackSvr\AvSPlayMessageStack.cpp

=============

GetNextMessage returned [0x80004005] on line 779 of file e:\views\cs_UE3.1.4.39\un_Conv1\AvConvSubscriber\AvConvSubMsgStackSvr\AvSPlayMessageStack.cpp

===============

ResubmitMessage returned [0x80040900] on line 101 of file e:\views\cs_UE3.1.4.39\un_Conv1\AvConvSubscriber\AvConvSubMsgPlaySvr\AvSResubmitMessage.cpp

===============

GetNDRRecipients returned [0x80040900] on line 177 of file e:\views\cs_UE3.1.4.39\un_Conv1\AvConvSubscriber\AvConvSubMsgPlaySvr\AvSResubmitMessage.cpp

Running conversation AvConvSubMsgPlay on Port 1

===============

IAvDohRecipients::get_All returned [0x80040900] on line 325 of file e:\views\cs_UE3.1.4.39\un_Conv1\AvConvSubscriber\AvConvSubMsgPlaySvr\AvSResubmitMessage.cpp

Subscriber Alias : jdoe

Running conversation AvConvSubMsgPlay on Port 1

====================

This is really strange, has anyone run into this?

I have Unity 3.1.5 with Exchange 2k off box, AD and Call Manager 3.1.3a.

Any Ideas?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Unable to retrieve new messages from phone

Are there any other messages (not just voice mails) in the inbox? This seems similiar to an issue a while back with some funky reciepts cuasing problems but the message counts you decribe are really weird and don't match up with the description. If there are read/delivery/NDR receipts in the inbox, can you try moving them into a folder temporarily and retrying the call? Also you may try moving _all_ messages out to a folder temporarily and seeing if it is, indeed, related to some other type of message getting picked up in the filter or something.

There's a couple bugs relating to receipts we've run into but here's one that's pretty close to your description and is fairly recent (i.e. post 3.1(5)):

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCea23843&Submit=Search

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Are there any other messages (not just voice mails) in the inbox? This seems similiar to an issue a while back with some funky reciepts cuasing problems but the message counts you decribe are really weird and don't match up with the description. If there are read/delivery/NDR receipts in the inbox, can you try moving them into a folder temporarily and retrying the call? Also you may try moving _all_ messages out to a folder temporarily and seeing if it is, indeed, related to some other type of message getting picked up in the filter or something.

There's a couple bugs relating to receipts we've run into but here's one that's pretty close to your description and is fairly recent (i.e. post 3.1(5)):

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCea23843&Submit=Search

Sorry that I took this long to reply, but the user was on vacation and I can’t get into their inbox without their authorization. Anyways, this user’s inbox was full of NDRs, once we removed them, the system allowed him to play back his new voicemails. Thank you Very much for your help.

Views
Helpful
Replies