Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to switch to secondary language in call handler

j.bilodeau
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have 3.1.5 with French (default) and English language. From all my call handler we are not able anymore to press 9 to get the english menu. We have the message "system is temporarily unable to complete your call". Use to work, nothing has been change. OS and IE are in English. Same thing when we change IE to french like my Unity default language. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Whenever the failsafe message like that gets played one or more errors are added to the application event log that should give us a better idea as to what's happening.

The most common issue here is the call handler you're sending the callers to having a bogus owner or message recipient (i.e. you had it set to a subscriber that you then deleted from the system or the like). The event log messages, however, will tell you for sure.

I did change the owner and it worked. Put it back to subscriber test, and it worked. My customer have to change 15 call handler, any reason why this happened ? (nothing show in the event log).

just a guess from past experience but it could be that you set a subscriber up as the owner/recipient on these handlers that was then removed from Unity and then added back. The ObjectID values for that subscriber will be different even though all the other info is the same. Since Unity references the ObjectID values when following links to users it would come up with a "bad link" there even though to you it appears to be OK.

That's just a guess, though...

Unfortunatly, the owner has always been the subscriber test. As a matter of fact, my french call handlers has the same subscriber test and was working fine. Customer is scare that same thing happen with his french call handlers. Thanks for the guess.

Well... I'd have to have seen the system in it's bad state first to determine what might have been the root cause.

that said, you can snag the latest dbWalker version off www.CiscoUnityTools.com and check up on the owner/recipient links - it'll check them for all handlers in the system automatically - you can keep an eye on such things. It can also be automated to run on a schedule and email the results to a particular user or users if you'd rather do it that way. It may help them feel better moving forward.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: