cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unaddressed Messages

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I administer my UNITY 3.12C box and I receive a handful of messages from the server each day addressed to 'Unaddressed messages' I usually try to forward these to the intended recipient however this is not always possible. How are these messages generated i.e. how does a caller get prompted to leave a message that is determined as unaddressed ? Any help appreciated. Tks PW<br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

Any message left by an outside caller that cannot be delivered for whatever reason (target's mailbox is full for instance) get bounced back to the Unity system by Exchange and we forward that to the Unaddressed Messages DL. These should show up as a message within a message (i.e. a cleaned up NDR).

If messages in this DL are just straight mail (not a mail within a mail) then there is likely a call handler or an interview handler that is sending messages directly to this DL.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Jeff,

Looks like the latter is the case, I know roughly which call handlers these are coming from, how can I stop it happening ? Also I do not have an active Interview Handler however I still get messages from it, how can I stop this ?

Thanks

PW