Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unanswered Messaging for 3.1.1?

I was reading the post about the Unaddressed Messaging DL getting deleted and was trying to recreate it in my lab, Unity 3.1.1, Exch 2000 on the same box. I don't have the "run database configuration script" option in the ConfigMgr window, nor can I find the "FixDefaultObjects.sql" file on the server. Is there a different procedure for restoring users/DLs/call handler to the AD on 3.1.1? Thanks.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Unanswered Messaging for 3.1.1?

Is it just the Unaddressed Messaged distribution list you need to replace? Or is there more to your default configuration you want to restore? the FixDefaultObjects.sql file wasn't added till 3.1(5) so you have to do it old school in earlier versions. If it's just the DL you can create the DL manually in SQL, import it into Unity and then fiddle with one key in the registry and you're done. The key in question is HKLM\Software\Active Voice\Notifier\ and the value is "SystemMailboxNDRTarget" - it needs to be set to the mail alias of the distribution list you created - this is where all undeliverable messages will be send then.

You'll also want to make sure there are no references to the missing Unaddressed Messages DL - snagging the latest dbWalker off www.CiscoUnityTools.com will give you a list of all such invalid references you can then fix up if necessary.

If there's more to your configuration that's fouled up we'll have to work a little harder at it...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content