Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unassinged Numbers

We are running 3.0 with 5 remote sites . All sites have site specific Opening Greeting . When a caller calls site "C" and dials an extenision for site "C" that is not programed in Unity the call reverts to the Opening Greeting for site "A" , not back to the Opening Greeting for site "C" ....Can anyone point me in the right direction...THANKS!!<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Unassinged Numbers

I assume you mean you're trying to use one Unity server to handle several companies, right?

The guy that's biting you here is the "Error greeting". Each call handler and subscriber has an error greeting which determins where callers are sent should they enter an illegal value while one of their greetings is playing. By default this will play "I'm sorry I did not hear that entry" and send you back to the Opening Greeting call handler (the one created by setup).

You can adjust this on a per user basis in the SA if you expose the error greeting (it is not visible by default). You can use the Registry Edit tool on AnswerMonkey.net to expose this.

Or you can use BulkEdit (also available on AnswerMonkey) to make changes to large numbers of call handlers and subscribers. One easy way to deal with this is to select ALL call handlers and have their error greetings go back to themselves instead of to the opening greeting. You can do this for subscribers as well... this is normally the easiest way to deal with the situation you're trying to accomodate.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content