cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unclear about 4.0 upgrade and exchange

darin.sullivan
Level 1
Level 1

We are upgrading multiple Unity 3.1 Servers in exchange 5.5 site, all unified messaging. We have Active Directory running, but have not yet migrated to Exchange 2000. We are planning an upgrade to 4.0 on two of the Unity Servers and have seen that Exchange is no longer required on the Unity box for UM, just the administration software. What happens to Exchange after the upgrade to 4.0? Does the upgrade process take care of everything?

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not sure what you're asking - the upgrade process isn't going to do anything to your Exchange installations either on or off box if that's what you're asking. If you upgrade a system with Ex55 on the box, it'll continue to work as an on box installation as before.

Thanks Jeff. I was just confused about exchange not being supported in a UM install and how that affected my current unity boxes. So it sounds like I won't have to worry about them unless I was rebuilding a box, and in that case I install just the exchange administration software with 4.0. After I upgrade my Unity boxes to 4.0, how does that affect my future E2K rollout with Exchange 5.5 still existing on my Unity boxes? Will I just upgrade those to E2K as well?