Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unconfigured VG Ports Show Event Log Errors

Unconfigured ports on a VG224 or VG248 show up in the Callmanager's Event Log as Stop Errors. Any way to suppress or filter these? I have roughly a hundred voice gateways with countless unassigned ports. It makes the Event log unusable to viewing other status.

4 Replies 4

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Telnet to the VG248 and disable the port. If you leave them enabled, with no DIDs on them, or unregistered, they will sit there and peg your CCM constantly wanting to register. I just found that out.

Enable the next open port on the VG248?s. If possible, fill up on VG248, move to the next one.

To enable a port:

i. Telnet to VG248

ii. Login

iii. Configure

iv. Login with the #CCM pw

v. Scroll to Telephony then Port Specific Parameters, then select ?enabled port? to disable it

vi. Change your status from Disable to Enable (hit enter for menu to select Enable)

vii. Esc out until it exits the logout menu.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately this still sound like a monumental job for a site with over 1000 unassigned ports. I think we'll opt to just go ahead and configure the ports, though without a DN (until we need it).

Thanks,

Brian

You can try that as well. I think I have that done as well, but it still would keep trying to register the port filling my logs.

Give it a whirl and let us know

This actually works well. Here's the best approach I've found:

Bulk Admin Tool->Device>Phones>PhoneReports.

Query VGC Phones and include Device Name. Sort the data in Excel and locate unassigned ports (description will be empty and no DN). Use this to bulk import (VG248 gateways only) back into Callmanager. Voila - no errors.

Good luck,

Brian