cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unidenified Calls Are From User's Own Account?

RBromee
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings!<br>Any external calls leaving messages for Unity users show up in the user's email from themselves. Shouldn't this say from "Message From Unidentifed Caller" and be sent from the "Unity System" account?<br><br>

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

sounds like we might be getting wrong information about the calling number in that scenario. When leaving a message for a subscriber if the calling number matches the extension of a known subscriber, we automatically leave the message from that user. This is called Identified Subscriber Messaging (ISM) in our docs. If, for whatever reason, we're getting the forwarding station's number as the calling number as well, that would cause the scenario you're seeing.

Presumably if you call into the system directly from an outside line and leave a message for a subscriber this is left from the Unity messaging system, right? This is how all unidentified messages are handled. Sounds like we're getting a bogus "identified caller".

Can you check and see what Unity is getting for the calling/forwarding number in that scenario? You can do this using CallViewer under the Unity program group. If both the forwarding and the calling number are the station that's forwarding to Unity, that would be your problem. If not, something else is going on under the covers.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

When I call John Doe's DID (555-1234, internal extension 1234) from an outside POTS line, ouside of our Definity PBX, here's what I get.
Exchange - "From:John Doe" - "Subject:Message From John Doe"

CallViewer - Calling Number=1234, Forwarding Number=1234, Origin=Internal

So ALL calls are showing internal. Causing much confusing with messages, as all calls are flagged as internal.

Not applicable

You need to figure out why the switch it sending us 1234 as the calling number, that's clearly incorrect. From Unity's side of the fence we're just acting on the data we're getting and we're being told that it's extension 1234 calling. Maybe the CM savvy folks can help you out there, that's a bit off out of my territory.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Sorry...I did not mention that it is a Definity integration. Looking at the SMDI packets, anytime it is an outside-of-the-switch call, the PBXLink is generating the calling number from the destination number. All calls are being registered as internal because of this. Where the heck is the PBXLink getting this from?

Found It! Hope this helps someone else. In the Definty's digital set configuration (the one that goes to the PBXLink), make sure the field "Disp Client Redir?" is set to "Y". Otherwise, both "from" and "to" fields on the emulated display read from "John Doe 1234". Happy messaging!