Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unidentified Caller

I have one user on a Unity 4.0.1 that can leave a message (by calling from her phone to another and forwarding into voicemail) for a VMO subscriber and intermittently her name does not show up in the subject line. Her extension always does but name just shows "unidentified caller". We deleted and re-added and it worked again for a short period of time and then started showing up as "unidentified caller" again. Is there a user setting that can be toggled for that? There PBX is an NEC 2400 with MCI integration. Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY

Re: Unidentified Caller

Hello -

I just had this happen to one user on our Unity 3.1(5) system - integrated with CallManager 3.3(2). I found an application log event indicating the user's mailbox was full, followed by the information "The subscriber cannot send or receive new voice messages until mailbox size is reduced. " While the user's mailbox was in this condition, she sent a voicemail message to another subscriber. The voicemail message showed as coming from Unity Messaging System - servername, not the subscriber. The subject of the note was "Message from an unidentified caller (66113)". Not sure if this applies to the problem you are seeing, but in our case I believe the full inbox was to blame. I am following up with the customer's administration staff to see if this has reoccurred. Will report back here.

Sincerely, Ginger

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content