cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unidentified Caller

k.peters
Level 1
Level 1

I have one user on a Unity 4.0.1 that can leave a message (by calling from her phone to another and forwarding into voicemail) for a VMO subscriber and intermittently her name does not show up in the subject line. Her extension always does but name just shows "unidentified caller". We deleted and re-added and it worked again for a short period of time and then started showing up as "unidentified caller" again. Is there a user setting that can be toggled for that? There PBX is an NEC 2400 with MCI integration. Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello -

I just had this happen to one user on our Unity 3.1(5) system - integrated with CallManager 3.3(2). I found an application log event indicating the user's mailbox was full, followed by the information "The subscriber cannot send or receive new voice messages until mailbox size is reduced. " While the user's mailbox was in this condition, she sent a voicemail message to another subscriber. The voicemail message showed as coming from Unity Messaging System - servername, not the subscriber. The subject of the note was "Message from an unidentified caller (66113)". Not sure if this applies to the problem you are seeing, but in our case I believe the full inbox was to blame. I am following up with the customer's administration staff to see if this has reoccurred. Will report back here.

Sincerely, Ginger