cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified Communications

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Isns't Unity supposed to be a Unified messaging platform and also support text to speech?It is actually the reason why we got it but all it does sofar is tell you that you have messages (Voice , e-Mail) but you never get to listen to the e-mail mesaages.Does anyone knows how to implement that feature.<br><br>Thanks<br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

I can assure you we really can play email via TTS ;->

So, are you being told you have X email messages in your inbox and they aren't being presented? Or are they being presented but when it goes to play the subject/body nothing comes out?

If it's the former, be sure you have the Class of Service the user you're calling in as is associated with setup for TTS (we wont offer email if that's not the case).

If it's the later, it sounds like a configuration issue (there are some known problems switching between RealSpeak and L&H3000 engines for instance) that's causing the TTS engine to not fire properly. Without being able to poke around in your system I can't say what the problem would be so I'd have to suggest you get on the horn to support and they can help you out here.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Messages are being presented to me as " you have x message, all are e-mail" but the system does not prompt to read them to me. So only voice messages are played but not e-mail messages.Unity Admin does not have an option for e-mails to be played over the phone. TTS is a cool feature we would like to be able to implement.

Not applicable

I'm not sure quite what you're saying here. The Unity admin of course has an option for this.

If you go to the Class of Service pages and go to the "licensed features" link you'll see "Text to speak email" as one of the options. If it's grayed out, you don't have the option on your security key (i.e. you didn't pay for the feature). If it's there, make sure it's checked (by default it is not). If you're calling in as a user associated with a COS that has this feature turned on and it's still not offering you emails, you need to call support.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: