cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified Messaging and Cisco VPN

s.hills
Level 1
Level 1

Does Cisco support a Unity server being at one site and the Exchange server at a remote connected by a Cisco VPN. I am really wanting to find out if this is possible for Unified messaging.

5 Replies 5

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Does this VPN have QOS?

Keith

To my knowledge it does not. What type of QOS would you recommend? I thought QOS could not be implemented across the Internet due to the number of providers involved. Understand this is not a situation I recommended, rather a problem I have been thrown into.

QOS would need to be end to end. So the public internet is out. QOS over VPN is possible if providers want to implement it.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/so/neso/vpn/vpne/v3pn/

Genuity's Black Rocket is an example. Anyway, without any QOS it can't be supported. Delay in the conversation will probably result in an implementation like this.

We are the in the process of testing Unity connecting to Exchange over a WAN to come up with a set of rules to get it working. The QOS looks tricky at best and we might have some addition design requirements as to the placement of Unity's partner Exchange server etc. Once the data is complete and out on CCO I will make sure to make a post here.

Thanks,

Keith

trailman73
Level 4
Level 4

I am running 16 locations connected via VPN to a centralized CM and Unity. Cisco will tell you that this cannot be done, but it works great! Give it a shot if you have a good WAN you should not have any problems. Oh yeah, Cisco is getting to release v3 voice,video, vpn!

geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: