cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unified messaging - incorrect subject line on call transfer

mtevich
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all - I have a client on Unity 4.0 build 4.0(3) using unified messaging with Exchange 2003 SP2 on Server 2003 SP1. (Anyone needing upgrade caveats let me know.) Call Manager is running rev 3.3(5)sr1. The Exchange store is on a separate box. If the operator takes a call and transfers it to the users extension and the call goes to voice mail, the subject line of the email will read "Message from 'operator'" - substitute operator with the actual user name of the operator. It otherwise would typically read "Message from 4145551212". Has any been experiencing this or know of a fix?

6 Replies 6

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Take a look at

SaWeb, Configuration, Configuration, Identified Subscriber Messaging

Is the option for Subscribers are identified as message senders only if they log on.

checked?

No the box is not checked. I will do some reasearch on this option. Thanks much.

Just so you are aware, it doesn't seem to do this consistently. My thoughts are that there may have been a change in the signaling on the provider's end. What do you think?

Thanks,

Mike

After reviewing the help file definition for this feild, it sounds very much like my problem.

The receptionist logs in to the Call Attendant program. I will verify the extension that is defined in the program when she logs in. Possibly there is a mismatch.

I've looked in to the users / extension setup. The phone is a 7060 with the line buttons configured for 6 incoming lines - 700 to 705.

In CCM extension 700 is associated to a user 'operator'

In Unity 700 is defined under the actual user's name 'Jane Smith'.

The users that cover the front desk log in to Call Attendant as 'operator'.

I have been shown examples of messaged in email that have a subject of 'Message from Jane Smith' and 'Message from 701'.

I assume that by definition, 'When identified subscriber messaging is disabled, Cisco Unity does not identify the originating extension of a message left during an internal call, unless the calling subscriber logs on to Cisco Unity before leaving the message.' that when the operator account is logged in is taking origin of the incoming phone call and not passing the caller id provided by the line provider. Any help in deciphering this would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Okay - When I enter a check in the box, call the operator from an outside line and get transfered to leave a message, I receive a email notification that reads 'Message from unidedtified caller (700)' in the subject. I uncheck the box, repeat the process and it reads 'Message from Jane Smith'.

My next step will be to change the username in CCM to match the CU account.

Matching the CCM and CU user account fixed the issue.

Mike