cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified Messaging???

jfrelin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hopfully someone within Cisco might be able to answer this or refer me to someone that can help me. We Purchased into Uone well over a year ago and pretty much all development stoped. I understand that Cisco has recently aquired ActiveVoice/Unity but I would like to know when a AVVID Customer such as myself will be able to upgrade to Unity/Uone and get true Unified messaging ie: Faxes to Email/Voicemail to Email etc. As this is one of the reasons we decided to move to Cisco's VOIP solution. Please advise.

Thanks!

-Joe Frelin-

3 Replies 3

curtis.starnes
Level 1
Level 1

I was told by my Cisco Rep that the Active Voice is available now, they are working up pricing on some of the addon's for my system, ie the VoiceMail/Email component.....

If your system is under maint contract, then all you have to do is call TAC and request the upgrade.

It is my understanding that under the Maint contract, a feature for feature upgrade is provided. Any additional features will have to be purchased......

ssumner32
Level 1
Level 1

I have been looking at a frim called Alexis Communications @ Alexis.com.

jschonemann
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, we recently heard from our Cisco acct manager that Unity upgrades will be available soon. I think at the end of April. It is supposed to be free to all Uone owners and very cool. Our local SEs have recently been off to training and say it is very nice. I just checked the price list "Unity" and found the following entry:

UONE2UNITY246-VM4 4-port/100 users uOne replacement

$1,595 not exactally free although there were items that sounded hopefull that were $0.

Our acct rep said he has ordered us a CD so I would ask your Cisco rep for more information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: