Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified Video Advantage

JUNKSA_2
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Professional,

I installed new version of Cisco Unified Video Advantage in my PC. Everything is well during the installation and I dont find any errors.

Call Manager is also configured, Region is okay using G711, video is enabled in the IP phone, software is okay. Its seems everything okay for me but when I try to call to the other end nothing is happened.

I dont know if I miss anything. Do you have any advice how can I fix this issue.

I need your help.

Thanks

13 Replies 13

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you get an audio only call (no video) or no connection at all? Check to be sure that there is bandwidth allocated for video in your Region configuration. Also, check your locations configuration to be sure that there is enough bandwidth available to support video.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Yes, I got an audio. I checked the bandwidth in the region everything are okay.

By the way, CallManager servers (PUB and SUB) and 4 IP Phones and my laptop connected with one of the IP Phones with VT advantage camera are connected to the same switch which is a 2950 switch for my testing. What do you think that the 2950 switch is not suitable for testing? I dont see any relation regarding the bandwidth issues in the switch. Do you have any idea.

Thanks and waiting for your response.

The 2950 should not be a problem. Are the phones all configured for the same Location (Device -> Phone -> Choose your phone)? If different locations, verify that there is enough bandwidth configured between the locations (System -> Location). Does your phone have a video camera icon in the lower right corner of the screen? Also, if you mouse over the VT Advantage icon in the system tray, does it give an IP address for the connected phone?

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Okay if 2950 switch is not an issue. What else do I have to check. All the phones are connected in the same locations, there is a video camera icon in the lower corner of the screen.The IP address for the connected phone is not showing. But it says Cisco VT Advantage is connected to the IP phones.

One more thing I forgot to tell you, since I am using 2950 switch (layer 2), I put all my devices and IP phones in the same switch and in the same vlan (management vlan). the laptop with VT advantage camera that connected to the IP phone are using the same IP range. I think this is the reason? I am expecting your comments and analysis.

thanks and regards.

Jhun

Jhun,

If you open the VT Advantage application and click Video -> Start Video Check, does the camera work? If you place a call between 2 video enabled phones, does the VT Advantage application pop up on the screen and try to establish a video call?

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Yes,the camera is working fine when I open the VT Advantage application.

No, the VT advantage application pop up screen is not showing when I established a video call between 2 video enabled phones.

In the call manager do I have to install any application do activate the VT advantage?

Thank you and I really appreciate your help.

BR/Jhun

Is your laptop plugged into the switch port on the back of the phone or directly into the 2950?

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

The laptop is plugged into the switchport of the IP Phone.

Yesterday, I am totally disturbed in this issue, I decided to un-install the Cisco Unified VT Advantage ver 2 and I used the old version of VT Advantage and everything are okay.

Now, I would like to thank you for your effort and help.

BR/Jhun

I faced similar issue today.

Upgrade phone firmware to 8.0.3 load. Re-install VT advantage ver 2.0.2.

Check the following,

1. Under "regions" verify that there is bandwidth available for video for intra region communication..

2. Check the "location" and verify the video bandwidth.

Thanks

Senthil Natarajan

Along with the other things suggested check access control. VT Advantage call signalling is proxied by the phone. Make sure that the CDP client is running on the PC, the PC is plugged directly into the phone, that the path from PC to Phone is allowing TCP 4224 to and from. Some users put ACLs on their voice vlans (unfortunately only some) so this by default will block the communication between the phone and the pc/vt advantage, thus no video call will be established. Lastly, though I'm pretty sure this will be allowed in 99% of the networks out there, make sure from pc to pc you are allowing UDP 5445 bi-directional, as VT advantage uses a hardset media port for the RTP video stream.

Please rate any helpful posts.

Thanks

Fred

Hi Fred,

Thanks for the info.

BR/Jhun

I know this is a little late in replying, but one simple thing that will cause this to fail is not having a default route on your PC as well as in the phones even if you are on the same VLAN.

I am also having this same exact problem. I can talk to others with VT advantage and video works fine. This new phone I have setup does not work at all. No video, just the voice via the hand set. Both PCs are using VT 2.02.

Turned off the firewalls, proxy server, check the Region, both match up. Switchport settings are exactly the same, VT sees the IP phone. Stumped!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: