Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started.

uninstall

w2k/sp2 unity/dialogic serial. in our test environment we have 2 unity servers in the same site to prep for upgrade to 3x. i uninstalled using the answermonkey w2k uninstall program. followed the steps for uninstalling the dialogics card and unity. for this iteration wanted to reinstall 246, not 3x. unity installed but couldnt reinstall the dialogic board. i cant move on. i know there was once a manual method for pulling dialogic board out. i tried using the add/remove hardware control panel app. the registry denies access to deleting keys with dialogic in them. any suggestions?<br><br>also, it looks like the unity uninstall program doesn delete the call handlers, ch_<foo>. will this cause a problem when i try to use the fulldbimport?<br><br><br><br>

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
4 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: uninstall

The Uninstall, when it runs completely, does indeed remove all call handlers associated with that Unity installation. If it's the last Unity in the site, the entire Unity folder in the Exchange site container should be removed. Unless there's straggler objects from a previous Unity install that was not removed properly this should work OK.

If you don't have any other Unity servers in the site, just go ahead and wax the Unity folder entirely. Just in case, here's the steps for manually Uninstalling Unity:

http://avforums.isomedia.com/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=unityent&Number=7246&Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=uninstall&Match=Entire Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=3weeks&Main=7157

It doesn't sound like you removed the Dialogic stuff using the Dialogic uninstall applet in their program group. Unity wouldn't be barking about an upgrade issue if the drivers were removed. You can manually remove the TSP under the telephony control panel and the Dialoig WAV Driver under legacy drivers in the sound drivers applet in the control panel. Then you'll need to remove the Dialogic service from the SCM (see the above post for how to use an uninstall tool to do that). Then it should be clean...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

The problem was Terminal Services. Going directly to the machine the Dialogic installed fine.

Still baffled why ch_foo did not uninstall. Guess that is ok since one of the two Unity servers in the Exchange site will be upgraded to V3x. I suppose wont hurt to have orphaned objects.

Anonymous
N/A

Via WTS it probably couldn't bind to the running DOH instance and the object removal from the directory would fail. I'd wager to bet all the objects (COS, locations, interviewers etc...) were not removed as well.

I need to put specific checks for some of these tools to make sure they're not being run via WTS. I did that for the Set Volume tool because WTS does not play nice with WAV drivers at all (they fixed that in XP apparently) but any tool that binds directly to the DOH can have problems just like this...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

your right the other unity objects did not uninstall either.

Views
Helpful
Replies