cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Uninstalling faxing

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I am moving Active Fax off of a Unity to a separate server and I know we have to uninstall Active Fax on Unity. When I have called into tech support, they will remove some registry keys as part of the uninstall. Is there a tech doc that has what registry keys to delete or could you just let me know via the forum? Thanks in advance.<br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

From the release notes…

Uninstalling ActiveFax from a Unity 2.x system. Use the procedure below to remove ActiveFax from a Unity 2.x system.

1) Stop all Unity services

2) Stop all LF* services (note: kill lf* does not stop the rasterizer. It should be stopped from the Service control Panel)

3) From the Add/Remove Programs control panel, remove the following programs in the following order
a) LFExGateway
b) LFDriver
c) LFRasteriser
d) LFServer
e) LFUsync
f) LFClient
f) ActiveX
g) If Print-to-mail is installed, remove it too.

NOTE: when prompted to remove a particular file, click the “No To All.” Doing otherwise will cause system .dlls to be deleted from their machine.

4) Reboot the machine

5) Ensure AF and LF components gone by doing the following:

a) Go to the directory where AF was previously installed (by default this would be c:\Program Files\); if folder is not deleted, delete it.

b) Open Exchange and look in the Configurations | Connections to ensure the LFExGateway is gone. You may need to wait for replication to occur. If The LFExGateway is not gone, stop.

c) Using regedt32, open the registry and remove the following keys if not already deleted:
HKLM\Software\Interstar Technologies
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_7J8I-9K0L-1R5T-8K9P-1A2B-1V5H-5H7J
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ LFUSync

d) Search for *.lfl on the system; if files with the extension .lfl are found in the Winnt\System32 directory, delete them.

Note that steps c and d at the end there should only really be necessary for older versions of LightningFax (they had some bugs where a new install on the same box later would choke if you didn't do this... since you're not reinstalling on this box it's not entirely necessary).

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)