cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unintentional secondary Dial Tone with Dual MFT's

billbaker
Level 1
Level 1

I ran into a unique situation tonight. I have a 3660 with two HDV modules with MFT's. They are ports 5/0 and 6/0. The 3660 is being placed inline between the PBX and the CO. The router simply funnels calls in and outbound. This is a preliminary step in a coming deployment of 25 IP phones at that site.

Port 6/0 is user-side to the CO. 5/0 is network side to the PBX. The PBX is a NEC 2000 squared and expects 4 digits on the inbound PRI. I picked up on this while debugging voip ccapi inout output and stripped the first three digits with a destination-pattern for the local exchange. I pass the remaining 4 digits from 6/0 to 5/0, which is configured for DID and the call routes.

The trouble I ran into is when the PBX phone stations make an outbound call. The PBX is providing dial tone and collecting the remaining digits and forwarding them upstream to the 3660. Once the digits hit 5/0 on the way out, I drop into an unintentional seconday dial tone. At that point the caller can redial the original number minus the 9 access code and the call routes.

My question is this. Will the forward-digits all / extra dial-peer statement solve my problem with the seconday dial tone on the outbound calls?

1 Reply 1

billbaker
Level 1
Level 1

Resolved the situation. I had neglected to configure direct-inward-dial on the 5/0 interface. The 3660 is the Network Side of the PRI connection for the PBX. Calls arriving on 5/0 from the PBX are "inward" as they are simply being passed to 6/0 and out to the PSTN. This being the case, no dial tone was needed on the 5/0 interface.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: