cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity.135 and TTS3000 not reading emails

ievans
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Jeff<br>I've the following issue with emails not being read (all the properties of the email are stated).<br><br>Digging through your site I discovered that US English must be used for the L&S 3000 engine. I reran the .135 setup and selected both US and Ozzie English with the hopes I could do the following:<br>Default Phone Language: English (Australian)<br>Default Text-to-Speech Language: English (US)<br>Default GUI Language: English (Australian)<br>But my license doesn't allow for that, so fair enough, I tried using US English for all defaults. As soon as I set these, Unity spits "sorry, this service is temp... please call again later" and hangs up when I try to call in.<br><br>From the event log when I try to listen via TTS on English Australian: No provider found for language ENA and speaker.<br><br>Could I also receive the two samples of the Realspeak vs L&S3000 engines for comparison?<br><br>Thanks for any ideas mate<br>Ian<br><br><br>

8 Replies 8

Not applicable

Could be a couple things here... first make sure Unity is configured to retry the default language if the language first tried fails. Here's a post with the registry info for that:

http://avforums.isomedia.com/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=unityent&Number=4184&Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=default language&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=500&Old=allposts&Main=4181

also (more likely your problem), make sure your TTS registry keys are setup to use the right language… these sometimes get wonky:

http://avforums.isomedia.com/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=unityent&Number=1100&Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=default language&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=500&Old=allposts&Main=1069

I think I have the little sample WAV files I did a while back hanging around still but not at home here. Send me an email to my corporate account and when I get in tomorrow I'll hunt around for them.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Hey Jeff, thanks for the wav.'s. There is a good difference but I doubt it warrants the cost and processing for something that at my company would be used merely as a gimmick (no offense intended).

I added the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\CDE\1.0\Retrydefaultlanguage with a value of 1. This helped... I can now switch the language to English (US) and call into the messaging system without it dropping the ball... so that's good. For experimentation's sake the email subject and message bodies were not being read at this point.

2nd portion:
Snipet from 2nd link sent:
"I’m guessing it’s ENU. I’m also guessing that you’ll see both “LnH” and “RealSpeak” hives under the …\1.0\Providers\ branch."
That's correct! And again I have multiple languages installed.

When I look at subscribers and subscribers templates I can't anything referring to having Australian as a speaker. They all point to English(US). So when you talk of "there is a entry for that language code but it’s mapped to a speaker name that’s not in the currently loaded TTS engine", I'm not exactly sure where to verify this. Sorry.

So currently I have an American voice answering the phones but the TTS is not reading msg bodies nor subjects. The configuration for phone languages is set to English (US) for both phone languages and TTS and GUI languages is set to English(Aussie).

Is the next step to "remove one of the TTS engines and you’ll be fine". Are we deleting the Realspeak key under providers?

Thanks
Ian

Not applicable

The easiest way to do this is to toast the entire "HKLM\Software\Acitve Voice\TTS" registry tree and rerun the Unity setup. Be sure not to pick not to install Dialogic since that can hose things up (it doesn't upgrade properly). This will reconfigure your TTS branch to be the correct licensed one as I suspect you have the wrong speaker set for the TTS engine licensed.

If you want to check for sure, the "speaker" value I'm talking about is in "HKLM\Software\Active Voice\TTS\1.0\Initalization\DefaultSpeakers". There's a key in there for each language and I suspect the ENU key is configured for FEMALE which is the speaker for RealSpeak and you're licensed for TTS3000 which uses the speaker "Michael".

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Jeff
As you stated, the ENU key was not set to Michael, but to FEMALE. I tried simply editing it from FEMALE to Michael but that didn't help. I deleted the TTS key and reinstalled .135 from the CD. I didn't see anything refering to Dialogic. After the .139 TSP was reinstalled and the server rebooted (twice), I found that the message bodies nor subjects are continuing not to be read. Any ideas? I've looked all through the configuration on the admin page and can't think of anything else.

Not applicable

hmmm... well it's gotta be something hosed up in the configuration between the TTS engine and the language settings somewhere but off the top of my head I can't think of what it would be. Are there any errors at all in the event log when you try to read an email and it doesn't fire up? Any errors when Unity initalizes now?

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Yes I have the following App errors:
1). Event Type: Error
Event Source: AvCs_MC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 100
Date: 30/01/2002
Time: 8:56:27 AM
User: N/A
Computer: AUNSYDEXC11
Description:
Exception occurred and handled in File: h:\commsvr\Sources\tts\AvTtsSvr\AvTtsSession.cpp at Line: 895 - Error: 80004005H Call stack:
0x5DAE3D2D AvTtsSvr.dll: DllUnregisterServer + 19517 bytes
0xFEDCBA98 : :
0x89ABCDEF : :
0x77D5298F RPCRT4.DLL: RpcRevertToSelf + 858 bytes

And 2). Event Type: Error
Event Source: AvPhraseServer_MC
Event Category: Error
Event ID: 10025
Date: 30/01/2002
Time: 8:56:20 AM
User: N/A
Computer: AUNSYDEXC11
Description:
CAvPhraseServerMgr::CreatePhraseServerSU - The language defined as 'ENA' is not loaded

All the settings in the administration page reflect being homed onto English(US).

Not applicable

Can you just export your entire HKLM\Software\ActiveVoice registry branch to a file and email it to me? I need to root around in there and see where the ENA reference is coming from...

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Not applicable

OK... Ian and I worked this one out off line and we figured out what the problem was and how to work around it.

From the event logs it appears at startup Unity is trying to initalize the TTS engine with the ENA language even though the registry is clearly configured for ENU as the default TTS language. This should be ok (i.e. it should try and fail and move on to initalize ENU and move on with life). It appears that isn't happening properly and the entire TTS engine is simply not active while Unity is running then (hence no emails presented over the phone).

After fiddling around in the registry, we found that if he removed "ENA" and left "ENU" as the only language in the list found at:

"HKLM\Software\Active Voice\Commserver Setup\1.0\properties\"

in a key called "Langs to Install", Unity fires up fine with no errors in the log and the TTS engine works OK.

My best guess is this list of languages is referenced at startup load time where it shouldn't be and since neither of the TTS engines support ENA as a seperate language it chokes on initalization time. I'll report to the proper authorities and make sure this gets fixed if it hasn't been addressed already somewhere along the line.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: