cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 2.4.5

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,<br><br>Unity 2.4.5 was released last Friday. Right now we are running Unity 2.4 with CallManager 3.0.3b. I am thinking to upgrade our Unity to 2.4.5. But I have several questions:<br><br>1. Does 2.4.5 fix any major bugs in 2.4, especially for the intergration with Call Manager? (I need to reinstall my Unity server from scratch, should I use 2.4.5 right now or use 2.4 for a while, until we are sure 2.4.5 is stable?)<br><br>2. How big is the deal to upgrade from 2.4 to 2.4.5?<br><br>3. Is 2.4.5 a upgrade version only or can it be used to install a new server?<br><br>Thanks.<br><br><br>

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

Unity 2.4.5 does come with a newer version of the AvCiscoTSP that has some fixes in it. This is version 1.0.0.24 of the TSP. If you don’t want to upgrade to 2.4.5 you can get this version off the FTP site at:
ftp://ftp.activevoice.com/outgoing/AvCiscoTsp/AvTspCisco_1.0.0.24.exe

This also has changes on our side of the fence for volume issues that a number of folks ran into where the recordings were quite a bit quieter than the prompts. This required changes in their WAVE driver (included in the 1.0.0.24 version of the TSP above) and some changes in Unity’s code.

Quick side note… 2.4.5 does also include support for integrating with CM and another “analog” phone system at the same time. Not a bug fix but may be of interest…

The upgrade from 2.4.0 to 2.4.5 should go pretty smooth. There were no directory changes or the like so it should be quick (i.e. we don’t have to walk the directory and “touch” every object in the process). 2.4.5 also has a number of install/upgrade fixes in it as well as work arounds for 3rd party stuff (i.e. MS’s MAPI DLL referencing issues).

You can install new or upgrade an existing system with 2.4.5.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Not applicable

I have one more question here:

If I want to use 2.4 for a while,is it still OK for me to use the Unity 2.4.5's newer version of the AvCiscoTSP with my Unity 2.4?

Thanks a lot.

Not applicable

Sure... no problem downloading the newer version and using it with 2.4.0 for a while.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Not applicable

Has the paging notification feature (only sending 1 digit) with Call Manager been fixed with 2.4.5 as well? We have tested this with up to v24 of the TSP and 2.4 with the same results.

Thanks
John.