Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 2.4(6.102) Freeze

Hi All<br><br>I'm brand new to this forum and regret that my introduction comes in the form of a plea for help. The organization I work for has a Cisco Unity 2.4(6.102) Voice Message system. To its credit, this release of Unity has been quite solid until fairly recently when periodic lock-ups (at least once a week) have been beginning to happen.<br><br>Though seemingly unrelated, the only factor that has changed within this span is the addition of several hundred users via the Unity BAT Utility. These lock-ups are generally reported by users who are trying to access their VoiceMail and getting an endless ring while FNA scrolls through our list of extensions. At the server, Unity is unresponsive and will not shutdown, requiring the restart of the operation system. <br><br>I have read of issues surrounding memory leaks with Status Monitor, but am not convinced that this is the cause because we have not seen this problem previously. If anybody else has experienced this issue and brought it to some form of resolution, or if you have any suggestions, please reply to this thread.<br><br>Thanks in Advance,<br><br>R.<br><br> <br><br>

1 REPLY
Gold

Re: Unity 2.4(6.102) Freeze

Usually then this happens there is some sort of issue with the Media Interface Unit (MIU) component of Unity. The MIU talk TAPI to the TSP and the TSP talks Skinny to the CallManager (assuming you have a CallManager integration).

CallManager believes that the Unity is ready to take another call and extends the call to Unity. Unity (MIU) does not answer the call (in error) because it believes that the port is in use and CallManager then does a Call Forward No Answer (CFNA) to the next port. Resetting Unity will clear up the MIU components confusion.

My suggestion is the upgrade Unity to 2.4.6(161) and upgrade to the latest TSP compatible with your version of CallManager. You can get the compatibility table from the TSP release notes. Several MIU and CallManager integration issues have been resolved between 2.4.6(102) and 2.4.6(161). If it still proceeds after an upgrade we would want to look at turning on some MUI traces to discover root cause.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

Views
Helpful
Replies