Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 2.4.6.135 Multiple Database Import into Unity 4.0x

I have two Unity 2.4.6.135 systems that are being replaced by one Unity 4.0x system running failover. I would like to use the Import tool to bring the database information from both old systems into the one new system. The documentation with the Import tool states that no users can be added to the system prior to running the Import tool or the tool will fail. I assume this means I could not run the Import tool a second time to bring in the second database. Is there a way using this or another tool to merge the two old databases into the new system?

Thanks!!!

Adam

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity 2.4.6.135 Multiple Database Import into Unity 4.0x

No, there's no "merge" capability here - you'll have to pick one of them to migrate (presumably the bigger of the two if there is one) and create/import the other users in by hand. The Import is a brick level system import, it doesn't have the logic to deal with merging in users from multiple systems into one.

Gee, that's not the answer we wanted to hear. They are both the same size (within a few users anyway). Oh well, that's the way it goes. I appreciate the response.

Thanks!!!

Adam

How about a method to extract only the user names/alias/extensions and put them into a csv file to be imported after the system is built with the first group of users?

Adam

Cisco Employee

sure... Subscriber information dump will let you kick that information out (and a lot of other stuff as well). You can fetch the latest off www.CiscoUnityTools.com.

Great! Looked at it and it should give us what we want. I appreciate it!

Adam

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content