cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 2.4.6.135 With Attendant Console - Transfer Issues

mwadam
Level 1
Level 1

We are running CallManager 3.14b with all recent patches along with Unity 2.4.6.135 (I know...it's old). The customer will soon upgrade to gain UM functions, but for now they are where they are (they are moving their email network to Exchange 2000 but will not be completed for a while). When users using the Attendant Console use the PC to transfer a call to a person that has voice mail and forward no answer kicks in, the call will transfer to the Opening Greeting instead of their voice mail box. If the user uses the phone soft keys to transfer the call it goes to the persons voice mail box as it should. This problem is reproduceable only when using Attendant Console. There are no special routing rules on the system, only the defaults.

Thanks!!!

Adam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I'm completely stunned that you've got integration between a Unity 2.4.6 and CCM 3.1.4 box working with TSP 1.0.0.21. I don't even remember 1.0.0.21!

I think you should go straight to 7.0. Read the release notes here:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/tsp/tsp701rn.htm

You'll see that the earliest version it supports is indeed 2.4.6.135.

adam

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

afuller
Level 4
Level 4

Crack open the Call Viewer utility on Unity (Start > Programs > Unity) and watch what happens when a call comes into Unity when Attendant Console forwards the call. It's not going to be the actual user who set it up. That's why you're getting opening greeting.

adam

I guess I should have added this to my original post. We have been monitoring the Call Viewer and when the calls are transfered, whether from the phone or Attendant Console, the dialed number and the forwarding station numbers are the destination user, who does have voice mail setup. From the phone transfer the call goes into voice mail. From the Attendant Console the call goes to the default opening greeting.

Thanks!!!

Adam

What TSP are you running? Are there any app event log messages when this happens? Have you opened a TAC case to look at this?

adam

TSP version is 1.0.0.21. There are two version of TSP on CCO for Unity 2.4.6 and CCM 3.1.x, 1.0.0.39 and 6.0.2b. Should I upgrade to one? Which one?Just remember this is a 2.4.6 system that has been running for over 2 years without being updated. No messages in any of the logs in Event Viewer. I have not opened a TAC case as I was looking for support thru the forum. I will open a case if necessary. All of the transfer functionality was working fine until we upgraded CallManager from 3.12c to 3.14b, and went from Web Attendant to Attendant Console. Hope this helps.

Thanks!!!

Adam

I'm completely stunned that you've got integration between a Unity 2.4.6 and CCM 3.1.4 box working with TSP 1.0.0.21. I don't even remember 1.0.0.21!

I think you should go straight to 7.0. Read the release notes here:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/tsp/tsp701rn.htm

You'll see that the earliest version it supports is indeed 2.4.6.135.

adam

The integration worked like a charm. Didn't even consider upgrading the TSP. I have downloaded 7.0 and will apply it and see if it fixes the problem. Thanks for the assistance.

Adam

Upgrading the TSP to 7.0 fixed our transfer problem. However, now the TSP does not show up in Control Panel Add/Remove programs. How do I verify the TSP version now?

Thanks!!!

Adam