cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 2.4.6 Blind Transfer to non-Subscriber

randerso
Level 1
Level 1

CCM 3.1(1) and Unity 2.4.6(135). Customer is using Unity as the Auto Attendant. Would like the caller to be able to enter ANY 4-digit extension. Unity requires that the extension be a subscriber. Therefore caller can't transfer to non-DID extensions that don't have a voice mail account. Any idea how to get around this?

4 Replies 4

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no way I have heard yet where the Unity AA would allow the caller to be transferred to any arbitrary number pattern they dialed. Unfortunately, you would have to make call handlers or internet subscribers for each extension that you would want callers to be transferrable to in order to implement this.

One alternative is to use the CRA Extended Services application which includes a 4 port JTAPI-based auto attendant, which does allow this capability, as well as spell by name functionality. See this URL for more info:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/serv_fea/ext_serv/index.htm

Dave, you are killing me! I just pulled out the 4-port AA and replaced it with Unity because I thought more features would be available. The customer has voice mail or DID's for only 70% of the phones. The rest can only be reached via the AA. Is there no way to have a "default route" for locals unknown by Unity and have the call dumped back to CallManager for routing?

Nope.

But I don't see any reason why you can't use both the JTAPI based AA as well as Unity. You don't have to use the Unity AA just because it is available.

www.answermonkey.net

This site is the Unity developers site.

He has some tools, bulk edit utility, that can install mb in ranges.

Also there is a Unity forum.

I've found that call handlers are easier if the phone is going to stay "no voicemail", but if there's a chance, make it a subscriber.

Hope this helps,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: