cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 2.4.6 Error Messages on Event Viewer

gmen667
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All-<br><br>Recently, we upgraded to 3.2 (1) on our Call Manager server and left the Unity version as 2.4.6. I was looking at event viewer - Application log - and noticed a lot of entries of the following sort:<br>4/9/2002 3:43:16 PM AvCs_MC Warning None 101 N/A UNITY Assertion failed: dwCurrentPacketSize == (StationCallStateMessageSize - sizeof(UINT64)) in File: h:\commsvr\Sources\skinny\AvSkinnyTsp\Skinny.cpp at Line: 815 <br><br>Our system seems to be running fine, but the enormous amount of errors that are being caught on event viewer has me a bit concerned. I would guess maybe that the total number of exact same messages are over 500 messages.<br><br>System setup:<br>500+ Cisco IP Phones - Mixture of 7910, 7940, 7960 phones - Web Attendant Running<br>2 Call Manager Servers - Primary and Backup - Both running 3.2 (1)<br>1 Unity Voice Server - running 2.4.6<br><br>Any ideas as to what this is, how to fix, or should I just disregard it? <br><br>Thanks for all your help in advance and I would appreciate all and any suggestions.<br><br><br>Thank you for your time and have a nice day.<br><br><br><br>Glenn Mendoza<br><br>

3 Replies 3

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

This is not a critical error but you should upgrade to TSP 6.0(1). Any TSP before 6.0(1) is not supported with CM 3.2.

Basically the SCCP (Skinny) packets have changed between CM 3.1 and 3.2. Unity is noting that the packet is not the expected size and logging that fact.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

Thank you for the information, I will plan to upgrade to TSP 6.0(1) this weekend.

Thanks again for your help and have a great day.

Glenn Mendoza

No problem. :-)

We are here to help.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems