Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 2.4.6 subscriber move

Existing 2.4.6 Unity server. New 4.0.1 server coming on line. Exchange 5.5 for information store. We do not want to bring over anything except subscriber information to the 4.0.3 server. Are we better off uninstalling Unity from 2.4.6 and then reimporting all users from Exchange or can i move subscribers over to new server?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity 2.4.6 subscriber move

If you run the uninstall utility when removing the 2.4.6 server part of what it does is run out and "clean" all the users associated with the server being removed such that they can be imported again by another Unity server. If you just yank the box of the network then things get a lot more difficult since you'll have to manually clean these users first before importing them.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

The only method for porting information for users over is the FullDBImport/Export which also gets all call handlers and other info in Unity (you can check the help file for this tool on www.CiscoUnityTools.com for details on what it pulls over and what it doesn't). There's no option to only pull user info using this tool.

If you only want user details you may be better off just importing them clean again on a new install instead.

THanks for the input. THe next question then is if i uninstall unity 2.4.6 from the server and retire it, Will all the users be available for bulk import from the Exchange server? Right now the only ones that i see on the new servers are accounts that do not have voice mail boxes. If the 2.4.6 server goes away do i then have access to all users as they will no longer have voice mail at that point.

Cisco Employee

If you run the uninstall utility when removing the 2.4.6 server part of what it does is run out and "clean" all the users associated with the server being removed such that they can be imported again by another Unity server. If you just yank the box of the network then things get a lot more difficult since you'll have to manually clean these users first before importing them.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content