cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 2.4.6 user max?

kimberly
Level 1
Level 1

Our company has Unity 2.4.6. We have 3 Exchange 5.5 servers in the same site. The Unity server currently has only a third of our total exchange users.<br><br>We were thinking about adding a second Unity server to this same exchange site (so all our exchange users will finally have Unity accounts).<br><br>What is the max numbers of users I can have on one Unity 2.4.6 server. And can I put that same max amount of users on a second Unity server? How many Unity 2.4.6 servers max can I have in one exchange site?<br><br>Thanks in advance.<br><br>

10 Replies 10

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

2500 is the max per Exchange GAL/ORG. The max per server depends one many different factors. How many are you looking at?

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

I have 7500 exchange users total within one site wihtin one exchange orginization. We would like to get all the users unity accounts. How many unity servers can I have?

You will need to move to Unity 3.0 which supports more than 2500 users.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

You mean that Unity 2.4.6 can only support a maximum of 2500 users?
I can't put more than 2500 of my 7500 total exchange users on Unity? Even if I have 5 Unity servers?

Nope. 2500 is the max. Trust me that you want 3.0 for this.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Just to clarify, 2500 users is the maximum number of users I can have on a Unity system? Even if I have 4 Unity servers in the same Exchange site?

Yes. Check out this doc on CCO:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/unco/un/prodlit/umdpr_rg.htm

'Since Cisco Unity supports up to 2500 users in the Global Address List (GAL) within Exchange, it is necessary to use this form of addressing when networking multiple Cisco Unity servers.'

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

So if I don't want to the maximum number of Unity users to be limited to 2500 (2500 max users in GAL per Org), I will need to set up blind addressing between my Exchange servers?

With Blind Adressing, will any Unity users be in the GAL? I know Dial by Name is lost.

The limit is 2500 users in the GAL. It is a very bad idea and not supported by Cisco to go over that limit. Unity 3.0 is what this customer needs.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Just to clarify, 2500 users is the maximum number of users I can have on a Unity system? Even if I have 4 Unity servers in the same Exchange site?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: