cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 2.4.6 - Voice ports hunting group

rpiason
Level 1
Level 1

I configured the CM and Unity Message with 8 dialing numbers in a hunt group. But it seems that it is not working. When 2 or more users press Cisco IP Phone message key they should get Unity Mailvoice service, but they're getting busy signal instead. Manually dialing different number it goes fine.<br>I already tried to delete and add again the ports by the wizard Voicemail Port unsuccessfully , but it still doesn't work with 2 incoming calls. Another doubt that i have is about the VoiceMail ports that i created in CCM on the item Foward if Busy or if no Answer i set for the DN of the next port , for example VM port 1 --- DN 1000 --- Fwd if Busy 1001 and Fwd no Answer 1001, is it correct?<br>About the ports it's all registered in the Unity and the TSP on both are working well.<br>Thks in advance.<br><br><br>

7 Replies 7

Not applicable

This sounds like an issue with the CCM's forwarding. I remember seeing a bunch of references to the CCM forwarding issue here on the forum to a link that is now dead. I am looking into it for you.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Couple of things here...

Make sure Unity is not running in demo mode. Since you say you can manually dial in this is probably not the problem but it can't hurt to check. If the key is not attached to system of it fails (very, very rare) Unity will drop back to 2 port demo mode. I good way to check this would be to use the Key Dump utility in Start --> Programs --> Unity.

Do you have CallManager 3.0(X) or 3.1(X)? Look at this doc that I wrote:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/788/AVVID/unity_bravo.shtml

If you can send or post a CCM trace at level 'detailed', event 'debug' and include the DN for the calling phone and Unity ports I can figure out what's going on.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Not applicable

I collected the trace the about the communication between two callers trying to reach the voice mail, My simulation was very simple, i call from 9663 to the voicemail(1000) then i take a line and get into the
initial menu, but when a place a 2nd call (9666)simultaneously and this call is not being redirected to the
DN 1001 ... 1007 ,giving a busy signal, i tried it in the other hand too.

here's the FTP link to the Unity Trace

ftp://ftp.imctec.com.br/doc/mude/com/unity00000000.txt

Thanks

After looking at these traces I believe that you have a configuration issue. The reason that I believe this is because I never see the Forward Manager kick in. If you can email some sort of dial in info I can take a look and try to fix you up.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Not applicable

This problem occurs after upgrading the TSP to version 3.0.1 or higher... and CM 3.1(x)

Please check the following:
1) Under Call Manager, click "Service" & "Cisco Messaging Interface"
2) Pick your CCM address and check the last 2 parameters "VoiceMailDn" and "VoiceMailPartition". Make sure both of them have value = empty.

You will need to stop Unity, re-boot CallManager, and start Unity after CM has been re-started.

CMI should never be installed in a IP integration with voicemail. CMI is only used for a SMDI integration. If CMI has been installed and you are not using SMDI then the service should be disabled. During installs please resist the urge to check this box. :)

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Not applicable

We have experienced the exact same problem...

This problem occurs after upgrading the TSP...

We were at version 3.0.0.7 and upgraded to 3.0.3 and the problem appeared...

Please check the following:

1) Under Call Manager, click "Service" & "Cisco Messaging Interface"

2) Pick your CCM address and check the last 2 parameters "VoiceMailDn" and "VoiceMailPartition". Make sure both of them have value = empty.

Re-booting the CM server after updating the parameters completes the solution.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: