cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 2.4 Public Distribution List

rjunco
Level 1
Level 1

I want to use a public distribution list to send a message to multiple subcriber.

I have a subscriber who recieve a message and then I need to send this message to multiple subcriber.

Is this possible ? how can I do it?

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sure... you can forward a message to a distribution list by name or by ID if you assign one. Any public distribution list in your Exchange directory can be imported into Unity and given a voice name and extension number if you wish. When forwarding a message from the subscriber conversation you can find this distribution list by spelling it's name or by entering the ID depending on which addressing method you prefer.

I have defined a public distribution list with 2 members and I use the 395 extension in the ext(optional) box.

When I call 395 I don't recieve a prompt to leave messages I recieve the welcome message like if 395 doesn't exist as unity subcriber.

I want to leave the messages to these people automatically.

ah... you can't dial a distribution list directly, the ID is used for addressing messages as a subscriber.

If you want to have outside callers leave messages for a distribution list you want to setup a call handler that has your greeting and that is setup to take a message in the after greeting action. You can setup the recipient for messages taken by that call handler to be a subscriber or a public distribution list. This sounds like what you want to do... then users can dial the ID of the call handler or route there via a one key rule and leave a message for a group of subscribers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: