cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 2.46 and Exch2000 in mixed mode

spoure
Level 1
Level 1

will this senario break Unity.<br>Exch 1 runs 5.5 with sp4. Ex 2 runs 5.5 sp4 Unity 2.46 B102. <br>If I add another Ex2000 to my exchange and run in mixed mode leaving all my mail boxes at Exch 1. What happens if I move my mailboxes to ex2000.<br><br>Sean Poure<br>NEC-Voice Engineering<br>Sr. Systems Engineer<br>714 4846275<br>

Sean Poure
3 Replies 3

Anil Verma
Level 5
Level 5

Unity 2.4.6 does not support any Exchange 2K in the same network.
Be very careful of the Active Directory connections. If the Unity folder from the 5.5 directories gets replicated, AD can trash it and ruin existing Unity.

Thank you that is great. I need to know exactly why that Unity folder in ex2000 can crash Unity. ADC is supposed to translate all the comunications between 5.5 and 2000 in mixed mode. Is it the custome attributes that Unity adding to mailboxes...Is it that ADC can not translate these custome attributes. I need to explain that to my customer. I need a tech note a doc or something to explain this restriction on Unity 2.46. Is there a way not to replicate the Unity folder to ex2000.

Sean Poure
NEC-Voice Engineering
Sr. Systems Engineer
714 4846275

Sean Poure

Anil is technically explaining why it will not work. Cisco and TAC do not support Unity 2.X with Exchange 2000. Period.

Here is the tech tip on Exchange 2000 and 2.X:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/788/AVVID/install_exchange.html

If you want Exchange 2000 you need to install Unity 3.0(1).

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com