Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 2.46 B126

Unity 2.46 B126<br>CM 3.09<br>TSP 1.0.0.32<br>Phone A calls Phone B. Phone B attempts to transfer to Voice Mail. Unity integrates(Press your ID and Password). Why...<br>Workaround:By pressing # you can break the integration and do a Extention#2 as you are hearing press user ID and password.... This happens with the phones which have a Mailbox. If a phone does not have a mailbox it will go ok. It seems that the CM is sending extension info inplace of trunk info on the transfer. It happens on the first line. I understand that Unity tries to integrate on first line. However it is a transfer to VM not direct call to VM. Unity used to be smart enough to see this...Is it TSP 32....Please help...<br><br>Sean Poure<br>NEC-Voice Engineering<br>Sr. Systems Engineer<br>714 4846275<br>

Sean Poure
6 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Unity 2.46 B126

Well it's not a CM issue since CM can't send RDNIS.

You probably have a routing rule that's sending the calls to 'attempt sign-in' or something else is jacked up with the rules.

Try running the 'DefaultRules.dcs' script from the configmgr.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Customer Support Engineer
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

I have not messed up with rules and I did run the default rules from Config manager. Is anybody running this configuration without error. I am questioning the 126 build and TSP 32. B102 with TSP 28 worked just fine. Please verify...

Sean Poure
NEC-Voice Engineering
Sr. Systems Engineer
714 4846275

Sean Poure
Anonymous
N/A

If you were running TSP 28 and the transfer to voice mail worked (i.e. you heard the main greeting as opposed to the sign-in prompt), it was probably because of CSCae08089 (Av-Cisco TSP - Subscribers receive Opening Greeting if first VM port in use).

In this case, if the first port was in use, and Caller A transfers Caller B to Unity (remember, Caller A is making a direct call to Unity by doing the transfer), Caller A gets the main greeting. This was actually a defect that many sites worked around by editing the routing rules. You mentioned you didn't change yours.

This defect was addressed in TSP 32. With TSP 32, if the first port is in use and Caller A transfers Caller B to voice mail (once again, Caller A is making a direct call to Unity with the transfer), Caller A gets prompted with sign-in (if they are a subscriber, of course). That's really working as designed.

Does this desribe what you saw? At any rate, the caller doing the transfer should be able to hit the # key to get out of the sign-in prompt and complete the transfer.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

That is correct. However in a case that Phone A(has got a mailbox) is the reception for MR X. A call comes from outside and Phone A answers. The caller is asking for Mr X. Mr X is not available. The reception offers the voice mail for Mr X. So Phone A transfer to VM(Unity will ask enter your password)Check the steps to do this task
- Press # to break the integration
-Mr X extensin with a # 2(Bypass the ringing on phone)
-press the Transfer button on 7960 phone(To complete the transfer)
Is it the way it is designed or I am missing something here.

Sean Poure
NEC-Voice Engineering
Sr. Systems Engineer
714 4846275

Sean Poure
Anonymous
N/A

You aren't missing anything here. There isn't a "quick voice mail transfer" function. A subscriber would have to complete the steps as you described previously.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Anonymous
N/A

This happens because when Phone B transfers Phone A to Unity, the call from Phone B comes into Unity just like a direct call (as if Phone B just went off hook and called Unity).

Phone B hits the transfer key and dials Unity. Right there, the skinny message tells Unity that Phone B is ringing in on one of the lines. There is nothing in the skinny message that says "hey, I am transferring phone A".

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content