cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 2.46 database export problem

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I need to export the Unity database from a 2.46 build 126 system. I ran the dbWalker utility and corrected errors that it found. However dbExport bombs logging a message:<br>(error) in export subscribers. Number= 9, Description=Subscript out of range, Source=DatabaseExport<br>This message is then repeated for the rest of the log file.<br><br>This seems to be happening on the first subscriber tried. Do you know what might be causing this?<br><br>PS: Great site and utils<br><br>

10 Replies 10

Not applicable

Hmmm... my best guess is there's a ill formed container for contact rules, greetings, notification rules etc... it expect specific rules to be in there and if the collection is missing something (which would be real odd) it might chase it's tail looking for them.

any chance I can get in and take a look at the user/handler in question in DPT? If you have WTS setup, ping me at my email below and I'll see if I can jump in real quick and isolate the problem.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Access I do not think is possible.

Is their someway I can do a csv dump of this info to send to you?

Not applicable

not really... need to rummage around in DPT to see what all the sub collections look like.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Not applicable

I attempted deleting the Subscriber that the DBExport stopped at, but the same error occured on the next subscriber.
This error occurs right after Exporting Notification Devices, does that give a clue as to which piece of the config is fouled? Is this a possible problem for all users do you think? There are over 250 subscribers.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Not applicable

It's really hard for me to speculate I'm afraid... send me the log it generates and I'll take a look but local access via pcANYWHERE or WTS is really going to be ideal for figuring out where it's tripping up.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Not applicable

I will work on getting access to the machine.

I tried running the subscriber information dump utility, and it also failed.
The error is Error in export. Description=Overflow, Source=SubscriberInfoDump, Number=6

I was able to isolate its failure to the Total Mailbox size field. Is this possibly related to the DBExport failure?
The Mailboxes on not on the same server as Unity.

Not applicable

no, dbWalker doesn't open your mailboxes... shoot me the log to look over from dbWalker and see if you can get me remote access. I'm sure we can figure it out.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

I have an identical problem with subscriber templates.

Same exact error message(s) in the log as well as a runtime error 6.

Any word on what might be causing it yet? I was about to delete the offending template, but I sounds like the next one will just have the same error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated., I was really trying to get this server migrated this weekend.

There's several problems noted along the line in this thread... are you having problems with dbExport itself here? Or is this a situation where you just want to clean up your existing subscriber templates on this system?

As for the root cause of the templates being in a bad state, there were several issues with failed subscriber creates/imports via the SA (due to rights issues mostly) that caused the template used to be left in a bad state since the SA didn't "roll back" the changes properly - most of these have been fixed in later 3.1 and 4.0 versions of Unity.

If you're having problems with Export, send me the logs it generates to lindborg@cisco.com and I'll take a look.

Hey guys... I have the same error to which ScottLocke had a few months back, where its states within the dbExport log (2.4.6 that is):

(error) in export subscribers. Number=9, Description=Subscript out of range, Source=DataBaseExport

And of course, this starts on the first Subscribers mailbox unitl the cow comes home.. here's a sample:

Completed export of call handlers, starting interviewers

Alias=EInterview

Completed export of interviewers, starting mail users

Text Name=Christa Stout, Alias=cstout

Exporting Base User Data

Exporting Personal Distribtuion Lists

Exporting Notification Devices

(error) in export subscribers. Number= 9, Description=Subscript out of range, Source=DatabaseExport

(error) in export subscribers. Number= 9, Description=Subscript out of range, Source=DatabaseExport

Can you all help?

Lee