cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UNity 2.46 License problem

frazier24
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to do a dbExport lastnight... which failed. Now, my Unity 2.46 server is unable to see the License Key. Does anyone have any ideas? I have reseated it, I have tried a Key Resynch, but it still tells me that it is unable to access the Key.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

uversave
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Where does it give you this error message? What is being seen when you look at keydump?

Ullie

It says that I have 320 Subscribers.. but only 5 Licenses.. Also, when I try and do a Resynch, it tells me that I have 5 licenses, and -315 due to not enough for subscribers.

Lee

Funny thing is.. I have beeing trying to upgrade this box to 2.46.. however, I've been getting dbExport failure issues.. now, since I had requested a new license for my new 4.0.2 server, is there a way for Cisco to "cancel" my 2.46 license since I requested an upgrade?

Thanks

Hi

Can you go to start\programs\unity\keydump and get me an output of what is seen there?

Kind Regards

Ullie

Since Unity is unable to access the dongle-key, it reverts back to Demo. So the Dump shows that I am in demo mode via the 000000001 serial, and the number of licenses and ports available (5 and 2 respectively).

I've opened a P1 Case with TAC, and they're shipping me a new dongle.. however, it isn't 4 hour shipable, and will be here tomorrow.. yippy.. Also, I've got a ghost image from Sat night that I am loading.. just to see if its an App issue.

Lee

TAC didn't have a clue what the deal was with my Licensing issue.. and they never asked me if I had removed any software via the install/remove via Control Panel. But it turns out that when we were removing some uneeded applications (Symantec, PcAnywhere, etc) due to our dbExport failures, the Sentenal Driver was removed as well. This driver is required if you want the DB25 Sec Key dongle to work, because it is a Sentenal device. Once we loaded this driver back up, we were back in business...

I am suprised that TAC didn't catch or know this. Hasn't this been an issue from other past customer experiences of blindly removing Apps? Or am I the only one who is in this category? ;p

Lee