cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 2.x to 3.0 unified

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I've seen a few posts touch on this question but not specifically. I have Unity 2.4.6 with Exchange 5.5 unified with an Exchange 5.5 email server. The Upgrade documentation is wonderful telling us the methods of getting Unity to 3.0 with Win 2K and Exchange 2K but when would be an appropriate time for the customer to upgrade their Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 in this unified environment? They would almost have to do it after the Unity upgrade since Unity 2.x does not play nice with Exchange 2K. So if I follow the tech doc of upgrading Unity on the same server by exporting, uninstalling Unity, installing Win 2K and Exchange 2K, reinstalling Unity 3.0, then importing, would the customer then be able to upgrade their Exchange server to 2000? What is the right order for this scenario? Thank you in advance. <br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

The right order is really going to be up to the people doing the upgrade. Obviously you need to export Unity info and uninstall 2.4.6 regardless. From that point you need to decide if 3.0 is going in under Exchange 5.5. or Exchange 2000. Cisco doesn't provide support for upgrading Exchange, that's Microsoft territory. If you want to use 5.5 (and then later upgrade 5.5 to 2000), follow the documented installation procedure for doing that.
This section of the install guide explains how to detach Unity 3.0 from Exchange 5.5 in order to upgrade Exchange.
http://cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity30/inst/inst301/inst_040.htm

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: