cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 2.x VM to 3.x Unified

b.beitz
Level 1
Level 1

I'm upgrading from 2.4.6 Voicemail Standalone Exhcange 5.5 to 3.1 Unified Messaging with Exchange 2000 Mailboxes on Existing domain server.

Can I use the DB Import/Export to save the Call Handlers completely?

Please confirm: I can not use the DBImport/Export to save the subscriber info because the mailboxes already exist on the new EXCH 2000 server/

Thx.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, FullDB Import/Export will get most of the information about your Unity 2.x VM installation and restore it to your 3.1 UM installation. You cannot, however, select to only restore call handlers - it's a brick level import/export that expect to restore everything. The help file lists the items that are not included in the restore (messages are the most notable exception here - you can use ExMerge to get these if necessary).

As for your existing users in the 2K directory, It will "bind" to the standing users in your UM install so long as the mail aliases match the the aliases in the 5.5 system. If they do not match, new users will be created in the 2K directory for those user. You can then use the Migrate Subscriber Data tool (also available on AnswerMonkey.net or the CCO utilities page) to move the subscriber information from those newly created subscribers onto the correct email users in your 2K directory.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, FullDB Import/Export will get most of the information about your Unity 2.x VM installation and restore it to your 3.1 UM installation. You cannot, however, select to only restore call handlers - it's a brick level import/export that expect to restore everything. The help file lists the items that are not included in the restore (messages are the most notable exception here - you can use ExMerge to get these if necessary).

As for your existing users in the 2K directory, It will "bind" to the standing users in your UM install so long as the mail aliases match the the aliases in the 5.5 system. If they do not match, new users will be created in the 2K directory for those user. You can then use the Migrate Subscriber Data tool (also available on AnswerMonkey.net or the CCO utilities page) to move the subscriber information from those newly created subscribers onto the correct email users in your 2K directory.

THanks, getting everything is ideal for us at this point!

I'm installing Unity UM now. The Install guide warns not to add subscribers etc. after part 1 of the Unity Install. My plan is to complete part 2 of the Install (Configuration script), then FullDBImport. THis is correct, yes?

Thanks again.

yes, that's correct... get a clean install and complete part 2, make sure everything is working OK then do the import.

Great. I got Unity installed & it's testing well. One question before I Import. Can I change the License Feature set to include ViewMail for Outlook (since it's Unified) now? Or Should I wait & do the import...then add the VMO license feature set?

Thx.

Jeff,

I decided to wait. I read through the Import readme for th 15th time & decided to leave it all alone. I will let you know if I run into issues. Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: