cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 3.0.3 and SQL 2000 Service Pack 1

tboynton
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone successfully installed SQL Service Pack 1 on a Cisco MS SQL Server 2000 installation. You are required to upgrade to SP1 before installing 3.03 but I'm having lots and lots of problems. The server is actually running MSDE. When I run Service Pack 1 Desktop Engine SP1 using the following:

C:\sql2ksp1desktop\MSDE\Setup.exe /p SQLRUN

or

C:\sql2ksp1desktop\MSDE\Setup.exe /p SQLRUN INSTANCENAME=MSSQLSERVER

I'm always asked to provide the path for SQLRun01.msi. That file does not exist anywhere on the system including all the Cisco Unity installation CD's. Because of this error I can't upgrade to SP1 or Unity 3.0.3.

Has anyone sucessfully upgraded to 3.0.3? What steps did you take?

Todd Boynton

UNET Technology Services

tboynton@maine.edu

3 Replies 3

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Since there has been no response to your post, it appears to be either too complex or too rare an issue for other forum members to assist you. If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to review our resources at the online Technical Assistance Center (http://www.cisco.com/tac) or speak with a TAC engineer. You can open a TAC case online at http://www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

jamesb
Level 1
Level 1

I was able to get it to work by navigating to the MSDE directory and then typing the setup command.

Here are the steps:

At a cmd prompt type....

c:

cd\sql2ksp1desktop\MSDE

Setup.exe /p SQLRUN

It should work if you start in the MSDE directory. It it doesn't.. it will prompt you for the location for the .MSI file. You are correct... there is no .MSI file, but you should point it to the file named SQLRM01.MSP which is stored in the directory ..\msde\setup

This worked for me just yesterday!

I tried that exact procedure the other day and pointed it to sqlrun01.msp but would not work. I found out though that the SQLRun01.msi file is on the original Unity Data Store CD so I'm going to try that next week.