Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Unity 3.0.3 slow to delete messages

I have a Unity 3.0(3) UM server. It is utilizing Exchange 2000 and Active Directory. I have some users that complain that it can take up to 30 seconds for the system to delete a message from the phone.

Is this a issue with Active Directory? and is there a way to remedy the problem.

Dave Ferrie

Cisco Employee

Re: Unity 3.0.3 slow to delete messages

I'm sure the message is being deleted immediately... we are actually logged into the mailbox of the user when they're listening to their messages and when the delete instruction comes, the message is removed on the spot. If you watched the inbox in Outlook, for instance, you'd see the message go away right away.

I'm guessing what you mean is the MWI indicator on the phone is not going out for a period of time, correct? Can you tell us what phone integration you're using for these folks?

Community Member

Re: Unity 3.0.3 slow to delete messages

Make sure the options "Deleted messages are copied to the deleted items folder" under Class of Service > Messages in SAWeb isn't checked. This can cause delays as it takes a while for the message to be copied from the inbox to the deleted folder.

CreatePlease to create content