cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 3.0 adding users

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I am trying to add a user to unity by importing them from my exchange 5.5. When I go to import users no users show up. When I try to add a user manully I get an error message that the current user alias exists. If I try to add a test user I get an error unable to add user. When adding a user I notice that there is no exchange server to select to add a user to. This is a new install of Unity 3.0, I had 3.0 loaded on another server but that server crashed and I had to manully remove the locations folder and users from exchange 5.5. Unity reloaded fine but I'm getting the errors above. Please help. Thanks<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by shughes on 1/7/02 03:35 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

6 Replies 6

Not applicable

Those mail users in your directory are still tagged as subscribers (i.e. they still have custom properties on them that indicate to Unity that they are a subscriber somewhere else on your network). Since that's not the case you need to remove those custom properties off those mail users in Exchange before Unity will allow them to be imported as a new user as you're trying to do.

you'll need to open the Exchange administrator in raw mode and delete the voice mail user ID and "custom attribute" 12, 13 and 14. Use the “-r” command line argument for the Exchange administrator application, view raw properties on the user, this will show you the list of set properties. If you see custom attribute 12, 13 or 14 on there, remove them, if you see the Voice Mail User ID and it's set to 1, set it to 0 and save. You should be able to then import that mail user as a subscriber again and we’ll create their call handler etc…

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Jeff-
After looking through my exchange site I noticed that there is no Unity folder anywhere. Could this be the problem. Can I run the default script to get the folder back.

Not applicable

if you ran a new install and the new Unity server is running properly, there's gotta be a Unity folder there. This is 5.5, right? Not AD? Should be in the site container somewhere... The only items under here in 3.0 land are your location objects, you wont see the usual collection of handlers etc... that were in the 2.x Unity folder.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Not applicable

Jeff-

This is Exchange 5.5, Either I missing it or I just don't have a Unity folder. I can run the System Admin page and I can call the Unity box and get the default message. I tried running the default scripts and they seem to run fine but I just don't see the folder. Also there are no default recipients ie.. Example Administrator, Exservice.....Unitymail...

Not applicable

well... not sure what happened but without that folder you're kinda dead in the water. The primary location object (the guy that'll be in that folder for all Unity servers in the site) is central to the database scheme for Unity. All objects need to be associated with that (call handlers, subscribers, interviewers etc...). If none of the default subscribers got created and this folder is gone, something went seriously wrong somewhere along the line.

There's no way to retroactively just add that folder, it's done by setup. Try running the uninstall30 application (found under the migration tools on CD #1) with the /SkipDOH command line option. This will remove all Unity files but wont attempt to clean up your directory (which would fail since the folder isn't there anyway). Try running the setup again after that...

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Not applicable

Jeff-
I finally resolved my probelm by upgrading to Unity 3.03

Thanks for all the help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: