Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 3.0 backup w/o Exchange

So if I'm running Unity 3.0 and it's on a Win2K server that is not a DC, and I'm running MSDE. What is the simplest method of backup?<br><br>The URL for backup procedures includes a portion that covers Exchange... I assume this is unnecessary because there is no Exchange, except for the Exchange Administrator program on the system.<br><br>Can a Veritas backup with system state and SQL agent be considered a full backup?<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Unity 3.0 backup w/o Exchange

sure... you get everything on our box and SQL you're covered. All the stuff in the Exchange directory is just a small subset of what's stored in SQL (i.e. there's nothing in the directory that's not also stored on the local box).

this assumes, of course, you're backing up your Exchange mailstores in case something REALLY bad happens.

You'll probably be interested to check out the disaster recovery tool currently in testing. Keep an eye on the 3.x tools page on AnswerMonkey for this (probably in a few weeks I'll release it after QA bangs on it for a bit). This will likely find its way onto the 3.2 CD somewhere along the line.

This tool will let you automate extracting and restoring all the Unity specific data off a box quickly and easily... I've also included a hook to the Windows scheduler so you can kick it off on regular intervals if you want. It's free, fast and pretty straight forward.

I'll drop a note out here when I'm ready to release it to the public.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content