Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 3.0 redundancy

Hi,<br><br>I have 2 Unity 3.0 server on the same site. I am trying to configure one of them as primary while the other as secondary.<br>Could I have both the system up on the LAN at the same time ? Is the redundancy a hot-standby one ?<br>How does the CallManager know when one fails ?<br>Thanks.<br><br><br>

1 REPLY
Gold

Re: Unity 3.0 redundancy

You might want to check out this URL:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/fail/fail31/

With Unity 3.1, Cisco started shipping the failover feature. Failover is a pay feature that requires a special bit on one of the license keys. The failover server is offered and at reduced price. If you are going to run failover you should use Unity 3.1(4).

With failover, both machines are up and running at the same time however only one may process calls at any given time. The failover partners send keep alive massages to monitor the other systems state. This requires an IP connection.

CallManager does not know whether one is active or not. Unity takes care of this. When failover is initiated the Unity TSP will unregister from the CallManager and thus CallManager will not send calls to it.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Diagnostic Engineer
Voice Network Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Views
Helpful
Replies