cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 3.0

dconstantino
Level 4
Level 4

I have tried to download the Unity 3.0 CD's twice off of CCO 1,2,3,4,5 CD 2,3 unzip fine 1,4,5 give a corrupt file error. I just want to demo it and see if it fits for us.

6 Replies 6

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I got the same files from the same place and did not have this problem. Seems like a bad download on those files. Are you downloading from the FTP server via your web browser or via an FTP client? If the latter, which one?

I've had problems downloading the Unity 3.0 files for several days now. The downloads seem to "complete" but the entire file isn't downloaded. I'm attempting from a two Win2K Pro boxes and 1 Win2K Server machine. I've never had this many problems attempting to download files from Cisco's site. (I am using IE 5.5). I will try downloading with FTP prog - LeechFTP.

I am doing through my web browser off of CCO. I have never had this problem before.

I have always used a browser. I first ran into this problem in August, when I tried to download the full set of music and prompts for CCM music on hold. What I have notice is that anything bigger than 200MB gets corrupted when downloading from CCO(the actual downloaded file is smaller, etc.)

I first thought I might be running into this problem

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/110/21.html

but I have ruled this out since then.

DAVID,

Your questions suggest that there are advantages\disadvantages to the available download methods. What is the suggested way of downloading files that are so large?

I have used MSIE, Netscape browsers, command line FTP from Windows and Unix machines, LeechFTP, WS_FTP and so far I have not had this problem.

I will give that a try.