cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 3.02 and Exchange 2K

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Here is the situation.... we are in a lab testing environment and we have Unity 3.02 with Call Manager 3.1 and Exchange 2000. We finally decided to keep Exchange and Unity as stand alones. Previously, we were not able to do the last step in configuration and again we cannot do it, only this time our password doesn't even work. The last step in configuration is suppose to make Unity and Exchange work together but we can't get passed the password and even if we could it would come up with "Unity was not installed properly". We press the message button and it asks for our ID and then says "sorry system is temporarily unavailable". We are missing something and we need help.<br><br><br>

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

I may have encountered a similar problem. What is the exact step that you encounter this? Is it the "Directory Connection" under Exchange 2000? In the 3.0(1) install guide(which is the one we got shipped) it is step 13.

If so, when I get a response to my question - http://avforums.isomedia.com/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=Unity3x&Number=7023&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5, it might provide the answer for yours.

My issue was a mailbox profile issue.

good luck,
m

Not applicable

a previous answer is to assign it operating system rights Start|Programs|Administrative Tools|Domain Controller Security Policy
Restart after doing this and it will get you past the password issue, now i've encountered another problem... Failure encountered while synchronizing the SQL database with the mail store. hr=0x8007042d

Any suggestions?

Not applicable

Someone else is having the same problem, reported to cs-unity. I asked them to do this:

Run the Config Setup again to get the problem to happen.

Are there any event viewer messages in correlation with this problem?
If so, send them along...
Also, can you send the tempu.log along?
Finally, in \Commserver\logs there should be some files called
SqlSync_xxxxxxx.txt. Grab the most recent (the one with the failure
reproduced).

Can you do the same? Send the info to mrmccann@cisco.com.

Not applicable

The other guy who had this problem discovered that AvDSAD was not running on his system. Once he started it the problem did not occur. Could it be the same issue on your system? If not, send the info like I mentioned in the previous post.

Not applicable

If it keeps telling you the password is incorrect when you know it's the right one, make sure the account has rights to logon as a service and act as part of the OS.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: